Indoor Air Quality from Montgomery Heating & Air Conditioning
Although regularly maintaining your heating and cooling system is an important part of conserving energy, saving money and prolonging its lifespan, homeowners must also remember to monitor their indoor air quality to protect themselves from the harmful pollutants that might be floating inside their homes.
According to the World Health Organization, more than four million people die every year because of indoor air pollution. When you consider that the air inside a home can be 10 times more polluted than the air outside, it’s important that every homeowner to take preventative steps to ensure their home is as healthy as possible.
At Montgomery Heating & Air Conditioning, we specialize in measuring indoor air quality, monitoring it, and improving it so your family can breathe easier and sleep peacefully. All of our indoor air quality technicians have been certified and trained to ensure we perform the highest quality work, making sure we satisfy each customer who calls us with his or her concern.
Schedule Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)Testing and Detect the Threats
Scheduling a professional indoor air quality test from a reputable HVAC company is the first step you should take to assess your home’s IAQ. At Montgomery Heating & Air Conditioning, we perform indoor air quality testing in accordance to the protocols consistent with the Environmental Protection Agency. Some of the harmful contaminants we test for include:
- Gases: Carbon Monoxide, Carbon Dioxide, Nitrogen Dioxide and Radon
- Bacteria: Yeast, Mold and Fungus
- Allergens: Dust Mites, Pet Dander and Cockroaches
- Hydrothermal: Temperature and Humidity
- Formaldehyde and Aldehydes: Carpet and Wood Panels
- Precipitated Particles: Dust and Pollen
After we’ve pinpointed your indoor air quality problem, we will discuss a plan of action that starts with how you participate in preventing poor IAQ and ends with how we will maintain a healthy level of it in your home.
How You Can Improve Your Indoor Air Quality
A professional indoor air quality specialist at Montgomery Heating & Air Conditioning will help you improve your indoor air quality by testing it and recommending a plan of action. Here are a few additional things you can do to help improve poor IAQ.
- Call Us to schedule and assessment of your air quality
- Change your HVAC system’s air filter monthly
- Use products that are either low in volatile organic compounds or don’t have any
- Take advantage of houseplants to filter airborne pollutants
- Vacuum your home at least once per week using a HEPA filter
- Stop smoking inside your home if you still do
If you’re interested in testing and improving your indoor air quality, or if you have questions about the other HVAC services we offer to residents in Eugene, Oregon contact Montgomery Heating & Air Conditioning today. We look forward to helping you not only breathe easier inside your home but also providing a peace of mind that it’s a safe space for your family.